Wednesday 4 January 2017

Fake it


Day 3 of 365

"If you feel like you shouldn't be somewhere: Fake it. Do it not until you make it - but until you become it" - Amy Cuddy

Today was enlightening, I had a good chat and found out that I have very low self-confidence. This is actually surprising to me because I'm the person who plans everything which means I have a lot of control so to be told I don't sound like I believe in myself was shocking.
It turns out I plan so much because I make backup plans in case the first one fails, not only do I make plan A but plan Z too. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but spending time focusing on the little worries is kind of a mellow way to live and so I was shown this video.

Amy Cuddy explains how holding a power pose for two minutes can make a great difference in behaviour by increasing testosterone levels and reducing cortical levels so in turn you feel less stressed and so personally I can believe in myself more and deal with a situation.

This is just something useful to me so I'm sharing it cause it might help you out xx